About the Ferry:
Q. Can I take my vehicle on board le Cabestan?
- A. No, le Cabestan is a passenger ferry only. No passenger ferries between Fortune and St. Pierre take vehicles on board.
Q. Can I take my bicycle on board le Cabestan?
- A. Yes, bicycles are permitted as long as there is enough cargo space on board. This is usually not a problem.
Q. What happens if the boat is delayed or cancelled due to weather?
- A. Each situation is different. Sometimes the ferry will leave Fortune earlier than scheduled in anticipation of bad weather. Otherwise, the trip will be rescheduled as soon as weather permits. We recommend that you call our office on the day of departure if the weather is questionable.
Q. Is there a restaurant or cafe on board le Cabestan?
- A. No, however there is a small selection of refreshments. Only Euros are accepted.
Q. Are pets permitted on board le Cabestan?
- A. Yes, pets are permitted on board provided they are kennelled and vaccinated.
About the Office:
Q. Is there parking available?
- A. Yes, there is parking available at a cost of $10 a day for cars, pick-ups, and minivans, and $15 day for buses, motor homes, etc. You can pay at our office. Please note that parking is cash only.
Q. Should I make reservations in advance?
- A. Yes, we recommend reservations however a deposit is not required. Tickets may be purchased on the date of departure based on availability. We like to have your contact information in the event there is a change in the schedule and we need to contact you. Please see the “Reservations” page.
Q. What forms of payment do you accept?
- A. Interac and cash.
Q. Are Canadian dollars accepted in St. Pierre?
- A. For the most part, yes. Change will be given in Euros.
Q. Are there ATM’s in St. Pierre?
- A. Yes, you may use your debit card to withdraw Euros. Please check with your bank to ensure that your card will work.
Q. What sort of goods can I bring back from St. Pierre?
- A. Please visit the Canadian Border Services Office Website for details.
Q. Do I need a passport to visit St. Pierre?
- A. Please visit the “Travel Documents” page on our website for information.